Saturday, July 2, 2011

Saturday Morning Reflections

From the Simple Woman's Daybook. Join in the fun at The Simple Woman's Daybook!

Outside my window... it is dark with pre-dawn and even darker with storm clouds. It is very still with a bit of lightening here and there.

I am thinking... how I would much rather be sleeping than awake right now but I had to come down for some tylenol for this crazy headache.

I am thankful for... that I was able to eat something green this past week - and it tasted good!

From the schoolroom... I am working on the first few weeks of Critter's curriculum so I'm not scrambling about at 2am to make sure I have everything.

From the kitchen... we're preparing for a good ole 4th of July. Watermelon lemonade, a banana split dessert recipe that I've been dying to convert to dairy/soy/gluten-free. And probably burgers and potato salad for DH along with some fruit for all.

I am wearing... you guessed it - my pjs. I am hoping to hit bed again for just a bit before the kids wake up.

I am creating... some hat/mittens for this winter. I just finished knitting baby's and will be starting on Miss Bear's.

I am going... to go grocery shopping with the boys (their request!).

I am reading... The Pilgrim's Progress by John Bunyan. It was referenced so much in Little Women that I thought I would check it out. I just loved reading Little Women now that I am both a grown woman and a mother. Here are a few more quotes to last me:

"Love is the only thing that we can carry with us when we go, and it makes the end so easy."

"Married life is very trying, and does need infinite patience as well as love."

"All play and no work is as bad as all work and no play."

"...she recognized the beauty of her sister's life - uneventful, unambitious, yet full of the genuine virtues which 'smell sweet, and blossom in the dust,' the self-forgetfulness that makes the humblest on earth remembered soonest in heaven, the true success which is possible to all."

I am hoping... that a resolution is found for a sticky, sensitive situation. Put it this way: are you familiar with the saying, "Good fences make good neighbors?" That's all I will say about that.

I am praying... that my grandma goes through back surgery breezily and recovers quickly!

I am hearing... Miss Bear chatting away up in her room. What in the world has her awake at 5am?

Around the house... I finished painting Miss Bear's walls. Now that the color is up I have decided to go with a wall paper border as a divider instead of a white chair rail. Here is the pattern I choose:
Pixie Fairies and Flowers Glittery Wallpaper Borders


One of my favorite things... that my children make me laugh. Yesterday the kids were playing in the kiddie pool. Critter has his hands full of water guns, looks around and whines, "Where are my goggles?" I started laughing and told him to ask Skipper who promptly laughed and said, "Let me give you a hint." I bet you know where they were. ;)

A few plans for the rest of the week... having a fun, go nowhere, relaxing weekend with our little family. Next week is another round of Lego Mania, painting the boys' room, and Summer with the Saints.

Here is a picture thought I'm sharing:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love to chat. God bless!