Thursday, July 7, 2011

Lego Mania: Volcano!


Last week's Lego Mania left all in a state of frenzy and excitement as we looked forward to "volcano" week. The kids worked quietly and oh so nicely together to build as large of a lego volcano as we could. Then off to the kitchen to grab our "lava" supplies. Red water, the smell of vinegar, baking soda... the kids were in curiosity heaven.

...Only to be let down. We had some bubbles, some fizz, but most of it leaked down inside the volcano and out the bottom. And the worst part is, I know this works because I did it myself not too long ago! Something went disastrously wrong in the construction and possibly in the lava ingredients. Before I used colored vinegar plus baking soda. This time, however, I used a recipe from here, thinking that it would cause more foam and slow the reaction. Whatever happened, it was a bummer.

But the good news is that we all decided that we will stray a little from Legos one day soon and make a paper mache volcano that we can use over and over. Fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love to chat. God bless!