Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Jesus Loves Me Pilgrimage

When coming up with activities to celebrate the Feast Day of St. Brigid of Sweden, I created a Jesus Loves Me Pilgrimage. We have a nice little trail at our meeting place so I plan on placing these cards along the trail for the kids to find and stop at on their pilgrimage. Along the way, the kids will learn why Jesus loves them as well as collect a shell as a sign of their pilgrimage (which they will then turn into a simple necklace). Most of our kids are younger than Communion age so I kept the message simple. But for older kids, you could certainly use different images or more prayers.

We will start the pilgrimage quoting Psalm 38:13:

"Hear my prayer, O Lord, and my supplication: give ear to my tears. Be not silent: for I am a stranger with thee, and a sojourner as all my fathers were."
Along the way, we will find the stations below, read each aloud and perhaps ask a question or two. At each station will be one shell (add more if you have more than 10 kids - just split them up evenly over the trail). For my images, I used sheets found in Little Saints - A Catholic Preschool Program and used water colors since that was faster. Because I cannot reproduce the images for you I provided a link to a possible similar picture. You can add the text (or not). I glued my sheets to posterboard to make it more durable and to be able to hang a picture up throughout the school year.

Station 1: Jesus loves me because He was born for me.




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love to chat. God bless!