Saturday, June 25, 2011

Saturday Morning Reflections

From the Simple Woman's Daybook. Join in the fun at The Simple Woman's Daybook!

Outside my window... I'm in the basement of my in-laws but I see the early morning light stealing in the closed windows.

I am thinking... that Toft's peanut butter cup ice-cream sure sounds good for breakfast. (I can have that for breakfast, right?)

I am thankful for... my little baby growing just fine so far. We heard its heartbeat last week at our 12 week appointment! The kids loved hearing it (and so did DH and I!).

From the schoolroom... I am organizing the school supplies and resources on shelves in the basement along with a little work area for me! I am so excited to have it so organized. I'm still awaiting the little work space but it is looking so nice and neat.

From the kitchen... things are starting to look up. Hopefully soon I'll be eating vegetables again and making more dinners (ok, more substantial, nutritional dinners!).

I am wearing... pjs. It's still morning!

I am creating... working on next week's Summer with the Saints project - a map of the California missions for the Feast of Blessed Junipero Serra.

I am going... to spend the day on the island of Put in Bay with family. It will be a pirate adventure!

I am reading... Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. I really do not remember this being so long but I am loving it. I find it amazing how much more I get out of this book as an adult. There are so many quotes and life lessons.

"Watch and pray, dear, never get tired of trying, and never think it is impossible to conquer your fault."

I am hoping... that we have a fun and safe day today and that my family is excited to learn of our new addition.

I am praying... that DH has a safe trip this week and that my children continue to stay healthy.

I am hearing... the boys watch Special Agent Oso on Disney Jr. Aren't they lucky when they go to grandma's?

Around the house... that my downstairs at least is clean and nice to hang out in. Looking to paint Miss Bear's room this week.

One of my favorite things... that Critter is such a snuggly fellow.

A few plans for the rest of the week... relaxing from the busy weekend, Lego Mania on Tuesday, painting Miss Bear's room, Summer with the Saints on Friday, readying ourselves for the 4th of July.

Here is a picture thought I'm sharing:
garlic flowers from my garden

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love to chat. God bless!