Saturday, June 18, 2011

Saturday Morning Reflections

From the Simple Woman's Daybook. Join in the fun at The Simple Woman's Daybook!

Outside my window... the sky is slowly pinking up with the rising of the new day, birds are calling, and all is wet from the heavy rainstorm we had last everything (and still looking green!).

I am thinking... how quickly these last two years have gone by and yet Miss Bear's dramatic birth seems so long ago.

I am thankful for... my sweet Miss Bear turning 2 today and in such good health.

From the schoolroom... we had a successful day of Lego Mania and are looking forward to next week's robot theme. Our first Summer with the Saints went so well too and we are excited to celebrate the Feast of St. Peter the Apostle.

From the kitchen... I will soon be baking up a yummy vanilla cake for Miss Bear's birthday!

I am wearing... lovely pajamas once again (comfy shorts and DH's t-shirt).

I am creating... nothing at the moment as I finished the priest doll and have yet to start on another project.

I am going... to prepare for Miss Bear's birthday and to head out for some furniture shopping! (computer desk and some storage shelves)

I am reading... Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. I was browsing free Kindle books and this childhood favorite caught my eye. It's been so long since I read it and I love it!

I am hoping... that my kids get over their whininess lately (something in the air or what?).

I am praying... that all is well at my 12-week check-up this week as well as praying for first time parents who are 24 weeks pregnant and found out they have no amniotic fluid, with no apparent reason as to why. Her doctor is telling her to abort because survival is slim.

I am hearing... a whining child and birds chirping.

Around the house... I am so happy that all my flowers are finally planted and that I have just a little bit of yardwork left to do. It looks so pretty!

One of my favorite things... Miss Bear's smile when I open her door in the morning.

A few plans for the rest of the week... This is a very busy week with Miss Bear's check-up, Lego Mania, my 12-week check-up, Summer with the Saints gathering, and preparing to visit family for the weekend.

Here is a picture thought I'm sharing:



Mine and some neighbor kids blowing a "mighty wind" on Pentecost Sunday.


No comments: