Saturday, June 11, 2011

Saturday Morning Reflections

From the Simple Woman's Daybook. Join in the fun at The Simple Woman's Daybook!

Outside my window... it is still dark as it's the wee hours of the morning (a rumbling belly woke me up!). An easy thunderstorm has been lingering over the house for a couple of hours.

I am thinking... what a nice day I am going to have.

I am thankful for... the rain after such a long, hot week.

From the schoolroom... the boys and I are setting up a summer long Lego Mania where kids will gather at the house to create Lego magic. Plus, we are planning a Summer of Saints with a few local parish families.

From the kitchen... we made homemade cookies-n-cream ice-cream yesterday and it was yummy! (Made with rice milk, rice milk powder and Kinnitoos Vanilla Sandwich Creme Cookies).

I am wearing... my pjs - comfy shorts and one of my husband's t-shirts.

I am creating... (trying to attempt anyway) a paper doll craft for a priest and his vestments to use for the Feast of St. Peter.

I am going... to get my hair cut this morning, followed by a morning at the farmer's market with a dear friend.

I am reading... First Impressions: A Tale of Less Pride & Prejudice by Alexa Adams. I just love Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen that it is nice to revisit the characters in less risque fan fiction.

I am hoping... that these next few days go by without incident as DH is away.

I am hearing... the quiet of a sleeping house, along with little rumbles of thunder and a downpour of rain.

Around the house... I am starting to have some sort of order again - at least downstairs. Upstairs is a train wreck as I ready Miss Bear's bedroom for painting and reorganizing before heading onto the boys' room.

One of my favorite things... Sitting on the deck, reading, while the kids run in the yard.

A few plans for the rest of the week... Pentecost Sunday, library (to pick up our summer reading passports), Lego Mania, Summer with the Saints (St. Germaine) and preparing for Miss Bear's 2nd birthday!

Here is a picture thought I'm sharing:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love to chat. God bless!