Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Banana Pops

Today has been hot, hot, and more hot. With heat indexes over 100 degrees (very unusual for us this time of year!), the kids needed a cold treat that doubled as a good-for-you snack. I pulled out some banana pops and the kids loved them! Here you go for some bananarama fun.


Peel bananas and cut in half (next time I'll cut into fourths). Stick a popsicle stick in each. Dip in a tub of yogurt. Any flavor will do. (We used vanilla.) Roll in some crushed cereal. (We used Cinnamon Chex.) Freeze. The flavor combinations are endless so use your imagination.

The baby and it being chock full of dairy stopped me from tasting one but the kids enjoyed them. The pops were a bit much which is why I'll do fourths next time. I think making a coconut pineapple yogurt version of this would be yummy!

No comments: